Job description / Role
The Corporate Communications Manager will help showcase the company’s efforts to be a leading growth company that is a valuable and responsible corporate citizen in the communities we serve. You will have the intelligence to understand our rapidly growing business, the expertise to lead external communications programs, and the flair to surface and tell the stories that make us who we are.
The duties of the Corporate Communications Manager will include developing, implementing, managing and coordinating communications strategies, including building and managing website content, press releases, social media platforms and relationship with external communications third parties to build company’s brand and image in the markets of presence. You will use your understanding of external communications practices, stakeholder relations, and culture to ensure our key external stakeholders including media, customers, elected officials and others receive and understand the right messages at the right time and in line with our internal system communications.
Primary Job Function:
• Lead the development of an external media strategy that enhances company’s brand and presence with external audiences
• Lead development and management of websites, social media profiles and other external sources
• Lead the development of press releases, media advisories and other media facing materials. Manage and coordinate all external communications output.
• Establish, nurture and maintain relationships with target journalists.
• Implement social media strategies to grow online supporter base and engagement.
• Perform community management duties on social media channels and other online platforms.
• Produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
• Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication including development, organizing and education. Ensure consistent framing of messages.
• Lead major bi-annual page revamps and monthly routine updates to company website.
• Develop monthly report that demonstrates the progress of the external communications program and provide report to senior leaders in an easy to review and digest format.
• Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
• Work cross-functionally with the commercialization department to support company marketing plans.
• 7+ years of public relations or communications experience, either as part of an in-house communications team or in a PR agency or news media setting.
• Work experience for a large organization, is preferred.
• General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
• Prior management of complex projects and advising senior leaders is also looked upon favorably.
• A bachelor’s degree from a reputable international institution is required. A degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is preferred.
• Writing skills: Must have excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to independently create crisp, effective copy for various audiences.
• Must have journalistic ability to source stories.
• Speaking skills: Requires strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff and to speak on behalf of the company with external audiences.
• Interpersonal skills: Must have highly personal and engaging approach that ensures these relationships are developed for the benefit of the company.
• Creative skills: Possesses creative ability to devise communication strategies and interesting formats for message delivery.
• Organization skills: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams and execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects to deadline with minimal oversight.
About the Company
Emergio DMCC is a privately-owned global enterprise specialized in multi-asset physical trading and logistics operating in the Crude Oil and Refined Petroleum products’ sector.
The brand operates as part of a group of companies across the globe with business activities in diverse sectors that include trading, shipping, financial services, and logistics. This level of expertise enables us to capitalize on our in-depth knowledge of the market and efficiently flow through market movements in the form of informed expert decisions.
Middle East Executive
Brand Communication Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Right Calibre Executive Search
Senior Brand Manager