Job description / Role
DPR1962 - Corporate Events & Group Manager
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND® Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND® Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND® we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Corporate Events & Group Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and functions for events, corporate bookings, school groups and VIP experiences. Responsibilities include selling school group packages, corporate events, birthday parties and seasonal functions to customer groups, conducting site visits, soliciting and generating business for the LEGOLAND Dubai Resort.
• Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilizes LEGOLAND Dubai systems and coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate. The Corporate Events & Group Manager will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings. The Corporate Events & Group Visits Manager also works as a team member within the food and beverage management team and in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
• Support the Head of Food & Beverage and Marketing Team in the delivery of the groups and school bookings, specifically corporate conferences and events, Birthday Parties and Theme park exclusive buyouts. Support the VIP team in the proactive selling / upselling of VIP experiences to corporate clients
• Prospecting through telemarketing, cold calls and sales appointments to generate new corporate business and open new accounts, furthermore manage and grow existing corporate account relationships. Drive corporate events and business revenue through proactive selling of residential and day delegate conferences. Increase events revenue across LEGOLAND Dubai Resort- through proactive selling of corporate activities such as family fun days, team building, corporate sampling and exclusive park buyouts. Representing LEGOLAND Dubai at networking and trade events as directed. Create innovate solutions to unusual client requests or requirements and demonstrate flexibility of LEGOLAND Dubai as a venue while entertaining/meeting clients.
• Create new accounts through proactive sales, address revenue opportunities outside of normal parameters with creative solutions. And liaise with the consumer marketing teams to ensure all activity is integrated with the overall attraction strategies and is on brand.
COMMUNICATION & MARKETING
• Make formal and informal presentations to clients at all levels & Third-Party organizations (Call Centers/Agents etc.). Attend, Network and represent LEGOLAND Dubai at relevant meetings with Tourism/Business organizations and at exhibitions and roadshows. To present to clients and be part of ‘fam’ trips to increase awareness of the conference / event facilities.
• To maximize the conversion rate of enquiries into confirmed bookings by employing appropriate sales techniques and excellent customer care, whilst working closely with event agents to ensure first refusal on potential bookings. Work with the marketing and PR teams, ensuring that collateral is relevant and executed well and liaise with PR and social media team on news stories. To conduct regional competitor analysis and target specific cost reductions and offers to counter balance any adverse effects from local competitors. Update monthly revenue figures, variances and YTD analysis
Health & Safety
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities. To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
• Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
• Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
• To only use work equipment in accordance with training
• To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• A secondary school or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
• Minimum 2 years work experience as Sales Executive or Sales Manager in a similar operation
• Must be customer-service focused and have an understanding of customer expectations
• A passionate drive and initiative to deliver sales revenue goals
• Needs to hold a valid UAE driving license, and ability to drive to site visits
• Excellent communication & organizational skills
• Have some experience of corporate hotels/ C&E AND ideally the leisure industry
• Must have business-orientated personality and possess strong communication skills, both in a verbal and written format .Effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to make quick decisions required. Ability to work as part of a team and to develop others within the team structure required.
• Client knowledge – understanding of corporate market relevant to local area
• Negotiation skills
• Admin/organization skills
• Promoting conference product at relevant Trade & Consumer Shows
• To promote the company vision and values when dealing with both internal and external customers.
• To build excellent internal and external customer relationships by delivering a professional and dedicated service.
• Advanced communication skills, written and verbal required. Being able to use written and spoken skills to explain tasks and give resoning and directions effectively.
• Strong Leadership to motivate and engage with team members and management
• Problem Solving
• Excellent Customer Service
• Team Player
• Time management
• Customer Service
• Financial Understanding
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
• Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site and to interact with guests and other employees.
• Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations.
• Must conform to park wardrobe and grooming guidelines.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Customer Service Representative
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)
Executive / Personal Assistant
Rothenberger Middle East FZCO
Sales & Marketing Manager
Abdulla Bin Zayed Group
Brand Manager - Hospitality
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jan|