Job description / Role
We at Al Tayer Group are looking for a Corporate Governance Manager to support the Chief Audit and Risk Officer in developing, monitoring and embedding the Corporate Governance function of Al Tayer Group (ATG) by ensuring that the management are in alignment with the Group's interests and requirements; assist in the development and implementation of an authority matrix, and develop corporate governance practices in line with ATG's requirement.
- Manage the effective achievement of individual objectives and KPIs through driving own performance.
- Guide, mentor, coach and motivate colleagues to ensure effective knowledge sharing and to support continuous talent growth and capability development.
- Assist management in the talent development initiatives for the assigned teams, collaborating with functional experts.
Operating Model & Governance
- Act as the expert for the Group's Corporate Governance operating model, providing support and challenge where appropriate.
- Provide inputs and implement policies, systems and procedures across assigned team within ATG so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled in alignment with the operating model.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to Corporate Governance in order to facilitate flow of information, alignment and build awareness.
- Develop the Corporate Governance Model based on leading practice and the needs of the Group's shareholders ensuring that the proper controls are set in order for oversight/monitoring of activities that take into consideration risk, sustainability, economic/cost and employee well-being.
Change Management & Sustainability
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices taking into account global best standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction for Corporate Governance.
Corporate Governance Policies and Processes
- Develop and maintain the Corporate Governance Manual for the Group, ensure its implementation in an appropriate and controlled way across the Group, and serve as the custodian for the same, monitoring adherence.
- Develop and maintain the Statement of Authority, updating as required and monitoring adherence escalating issues along with suggested solutions.
- Develop and maintain Board and Committee charters, update and make formal recommendations for required changes as appropriate.
- Develop Corporate Governance Guidelines that should be followed in the organization (for example; Board of Directors size, composition, membership criteria, appointment, independence criteria, suspension, removal and retirement).
- Establish the group wide Code of Ethics and ensure that it is followed by Corporate and Business Units.
- Develop high level accountability and delegated authority framework and oversee its implementation so as to ensure that all key decisions are taken in alignment with shareholder best interests.
Implementation of Corporate Governance Model
- Conduct periodic review of the governance model of ATG and recommend opportunities for improvement based on applicable leading practice and the changing environment.
- Examine the Group's adherence to the Delegation of Authority and highlight any deviations to the Chief Audit and Risk Officer on a periodic basis.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors meet as mandated and that the minutes of the meeting are documented.
- Carry out special projects and assignments on a need basis as part of the oversight function or as required by the Group.
- Professional degree in Business Administration (i.e. MBA, CIA, CA, CPA).
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in the corporate governance functions, of which at least 5 years in a managerial capacity in the design of a corporate governance framework and development of a delegation of authority matrix.
- Solid knowledge corporate governance practices.
- Strong understanding of database structures, reporting tools and computer systems.
- Should have good organizational and planning abilities including the ability to deal with/work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical/problem solving and quantitative abilities.
- Should be able to communicate effectively and have excellent negotiation skills.
- Should have excellent presentation skills.
- Should have strong influencing skills
About the Company
Established in 1979, Al Tayer Group is a privately-held, diversified company with operations in 12 countries in the Middle East and beyond. With over 7,800 employees from 95 different nationalities, the Group has its headquarters in Dubai, UAE.
Al Tayer Group operates leading, quality-focused businesses in automobile sales and service, luxury and lifestyle retail, perfumes and cosmetics distribution, engineering as well as interiors contracting. The Groups portfolio includes several of the worlds leading brands such as Armani, Bvlgari, Banana Republic, Ford, Ferrari, Gucci, Gap, Harvey Nichols and Maserati. The Group operates over 180 stores across multiple markets in the Middle East. In addition, Al Tayer Group has investments in commercial real estate, contracting, supply chain management, precision tools manufacturing and travel agency services.