Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and pro-active corporate governance officer to be based in Dubai who will work directly with Careem's general counsel in building the governance and compliance function for Careem worldwide.
- Formulating and building governance and compliance processes and policies for Careem
- Advising the General Counsel, the Board and business groups on aspects of company secretarial practice, corporate governance, company law and internal policies
- Providing proactive company secretarial and administrative support to the Board and committees, including assistance with drafting of documents and attending, taking and drafting of Board and committee minutes
- Researching, drafting and implementing initiatives on governance best practice
- Devising and delivering compliance training
- Preparing board resolutions, minutes, director and member registers and related documents
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in a governance role with proven experience of board or committee experience
- ICSA (or equivalent) qualified Company Secretary
- Strong knowledge of UK or US listing regimes
- Experience of working in a regulated entity strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent minute taking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and strong personal integrity
- Proven ability to manage work flows effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
Dubai, UAE with frequent regional travel
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Legal Secretary PA