Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and pro-active corporate governance officer to be based in Dubai who will work directly with Careem's general counsel in building the governance and compliance function for Careem worldwide.
- Formulating and building governance and compliance processes and policies for Careem
- Advising the General Counsel, the Board and business groups on aspects of company secretarial practice, corporate governance, company law and internal policies
- Providing proactive company secretarial and administrative support to the Board and committees, including assistance with drafting of documents and attending, taking and drafting of Board and committee minutes
- Researching, drafting and implementing initiatives on governance best practice
- Devising and delivering compliance training
- Preparing board resolutions, minutes, director and member registers and related documents
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in a governance role with proven experience of board or committee experience
- ICSA (or equivalent) qualified Company Secretary
- Strong knowledge of UK or US listing regimes
- Experience of working in a regulated entity strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent minute taking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and strong personal integrity
- Proven ability to manage work flows effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
Dubai, UAE with frequent regional travel
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.