Job description / Role
Our client is looking for a Paralegal to work within the Corporate Structuring department of their international law firm in offices in DIFC Dubai.
Working as part of the firm’s Corporate Group, which advises clients on market entry into the UAE and wider region, the structuring and re-structuring of regional operations, and a range of other regulatory and corporate licensing issues. You will provide support to both senior members of the team and coordinate client matters on a day to basis. The role will include, however not limited to, the following day-to-day responsibilities:
• Assist with various share sales, licensing, structuring and restructuring matters for a variety of clients in a range of sectors.
• Compilation and update of corporate bibles.
• Draft engagement letters and assisting with invoicing for partners and associates.
• Draft documents, including resolutions, powers of attorney, letters and certain agreements.
• Assist in drafting letters of advice in connection with the structuring and restructuring in the UAE.
• Liaise with government authorities in relation to the establishment of companies incorporated with limited liability and the registration of branch offices ‘onshore’ and in free zones in the UAE.
• Deal with the various portals of government authorities in the UAE for the purpose of submitting different kinds of ‘online’ applications.
• Liaise with our Knowledge Management team to update and maintain FDI and other corporate precedents.
• Liaise and coordinate with our Corporate Services team to manage matters efficiency until completion.
• Assist clients in managing and maintaining their existing corporate registrations.
• Carry out research including in respect of corporate licencing and regulatory matters.
• Communicate directly with clients, via email, telephone or in person.
• Take full responsibility for and manage matters through to completion with the support of more senior members of the team.
• Provide assistance, where required, to the wider corporate group.
• Assist with the development of innovative and efficient ways to deliver our legal services to clients.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Education to degree level; formal legal or paralegal qualification is desirable
• At least three years of experience working in a professional environment; international law firm experience is desirable
• Experience in dealing with government authorities in the UAE, establishing companies and some knowledge of the legal
and business environment in the UAE
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and Arabic will be an advantage)
• Be flexible and open to change in how we work and deliver services to clients and colleagues
• Be organised and have excellent attention to detail
• Be a team player, but have the ability to work independently
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Have a strong work ethic and be adaptable and flexible
• Be commercially aware and able to take a practical approach to matters
• Be confident interacting directly with clients, in person, over the phone and in written correspondence
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Irwin & Dow
Ignite Search & Selection
Legal Secretary for an International Law Firm
Junior Legal Secretary