Job description / Role
If hospitality is your passion, a magnifique opportunity awaits for you at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. We are currently searching for a talented Corporate Sales Manager to join our magnifique team.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Access learning & development programs through the Accor Academy.
- Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the city.
- Take advantages of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
What you will be doing:
- Be totally familiar with hotel products, rates, and promotions at all times.
- Maintain up to date understanding of company products and rates and involvement in cross selling of these when required.
- Be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of all competing hotel and restaurant products and provide weekly regular updates after visiting competition hotels allocated for tracking purposes.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence by monitoring business sources and segments.
- Represent hotel at trade fairs, functions and other related events as directed.
- Ensure that sales blitzes in the local city or outstation for the geographic area of responsibility are conducted timely and efficiently.
- Participate in hotel activities including promotions, sales blitzes, entertainment and other operational areas as directed.
- Penetrate and saturate prospective and existing customer organizations for effective multi-department selling.
- Service needs of customers by attending to all requests promptly and efficiently within 24 hours.
- Assist the DOSM in pursuing new market segments to secure sales and prepare proposals for consideration
- Develop strong, secure and productive business relations with all companies within portfolio under the geographic / market segment allocated.
- Positively communicate the hotel image to existing and potential customer at all times.
- Ensure that revenues and / or cost controls are maximized through proactive actions rather than reactive management.
- Maximize occupancy and average rate of hotel through creative and selective selling.
- Accurately report the month-end, year-to-date room night and revenue accounts to the DOSM, for revenue increasing opportunities and possible action plans.
- Report on trends in the industry and local markets.
- Maintain a calendar allowing you to meet all established deadlines and planned sales trips. Regular deadlines include (but are not limited to) the monthly forecast and expect-to-turn reports.
- Maintain accurate information on all new and on-going leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts.
- Budget, plan and execute cost-effective and productive sales trips into your assigned territory, to improve and increase our penetration of that market.
- Contact and entertain clients during their site visits and through invitations to contacts within his/her respective segment.
- Prepares and transmit the Call Reports on a weekly basis to the DOSM.
- Establishes a Monthly Report which includes the summary of the past activities, prospection and trends, and analyses competitor's sales and promotion efforts, forecast for all sales activities & production/conversion figures. Attend once a month hotel's Sales/Rooms Division and Credit meeting.
- Establishes and sign contracts considering the official Rate Policy in co-ordination with the DOSM.
- Conducts rate market surveys to advise management of actual market trends.
- Special deals (out of guidelines and rate policy) must in any case be discussed, coordinated and approved prior to offer with the hotel's management.
- Be the one point contact from the Sales team with the external client he/she is dealing with and is responsible to handle any escalations relating to the concerned client.
- Ensure that targets set by the hotel are met consistently.
- Ensure to sign on the set targets document on a monthly basis.
- Thoroughly familiarizes oneself with the Hotel's emergency procedures and is in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in a manner that respects company values.
- Assist in Task Force Teams for new openings.
- Carry out any other reasonable task (which may not be stated here) as requested.
Your experience and skills include:
- Prior experience in handling Jebel Ali area.
- Detailed knowledge of global accounts management is an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 years' of similar experience in a 5 star hotel or resort, 2 years of which are in Dubai.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.