Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
The helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
Our team is a leading international tax adviser to the largest Middle East (ME) and foreign headquartered multinational companies operating in the ME. Our clients include many household names and are from all industry sectors. The work is cutting edge tax advice; it is technically demanding and creative, and offers opportunities to assist international and ME clients navigate the most recent global and local tax developments.
- We are looking for a Senior Manager who will relish the technical challenges in this area and enjoy the opportunities to develop the business, build relationships with a wide range of clients and develop teams to support them. Candidates will need a strong track record of delivering and managing complex corporate tax projects as part of a multidisciplinary team. Knowledge of the BEPS initiatives and the latest international tax developments will be an advantage.
- You will be responsible for building close relationships with a wide range of clients and working as part of a team to deliver the Firm's corporate tax services, including corporate tax advisory, tax planning and assessment, and providing guidance and recommendations.
- The role also entails managing a portfolio of clients, handling and dealing with their corporate tax requirements, updates and other corporate tax related matters, holding discussions with regulators to negotiate disputes/ rulings and interpretation of tax provisions, as well as being involved in tax accounting.
- As a Senior Manager you will manage multiple complex engagements, coach/guide team members on projects, assignments and client interactions, and grow the business and develop business opportunities.
- The client work is stimulating and rarely routine. It offers opportunities to help solve the tax and business issues of companies and to be a leading adviser on the latest tax developments. The work is wide-ranging, including modelling the impact of legislative changes, advising on associated corporate and operational restructuring, as well as supporting clients to address the business and tax technical impact of such changes internally.
- The team will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment, working alongside a group of talented individuals to support you.
- You will benefit from a progressive environment where you will be encouraged to develop client relationships and other soft skills in addition to technical expertise. There will also be opportunities to develop deeper knowledge in particular areas of interest such as international structuring,advising on operating models, or certain industry sectors.
- The role will be both varied and challenging and will provide significant opportunities to develop your career. As a Senior Manager you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from Directors and Partners on your client teams, including some of the best known practitioners in their fields. In addition, you will have a 'Career Coach' who will help with your career, well-being and development.
In terms of wider development opportunities, you will have the opportunity to progress your career in the Firm through gaining wide-ranging experience across industries and locations. Being a global organisation we are able to offer staff the opportunity to go on international secondments and there are further options to develop technically and professionally through varied client secondments.
- You will have gained significant corporate tax advisory experience pertaining to multi-jurisdictional businesses.
- You will have strong technical and report writing skills - including the ability to interpret tax legislation and review agreements from a tax perspective.
- You will also have experience of tax reporting, tax accounting and/or tax audit.
- Ideally, you will also have knowledge of the BEPS initiatives and the latest international tax developments.
- You will need strong analytical skills, commercial awareness and a flexible approach, combined with the ability to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
- You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have excellent project management skills - including managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as managing resources, budget, billing, collection.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and have good Excel skills.
- You will have a focus on self-development and on the development of those working with you.
- You will have at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
- A professional (tax or accounting) qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA, ADIT, ACCA or equivalent) is preferred.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.