Job description / Role
Responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of the F&B controlling and pricing aspects.
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Implements and keeps an internal control and audit system, which will ensure the efficient supervision of the food and beverage controls and costs.
- Maintains effective employee relations.
- Prepares and controls work schedules.
- Receives and verifies the suppliers' invoices and monthly statements matching invoices and receiving slips against purchase orders and market listings. All goods received without an invoice are registered separately as goods received without an invoice.
- Controls and registers the flow of goods in and out from the following areas: receiving, storerooms, main kitchen, F&B outlets.
- Participates in the monthly, quarterly and year end inventories. The physical inventory reports are prepared for the following: food, beverages, mini-bar, operating supplies and S.O.E.
- Establishes the daily and monthly food & beverage costs per outlet and the daily profit and loss statement per outlet if any are monitored.
- Cost's all recipes before implementing a new dish on a menu. For special events (festivals, new years party, etc, the cost controller has to establish a provisional P&L statement.
- Establishes the sales statistics on a daily and monthly basis. Slow moving items, high cost items and low cost items are discussed with the Director of F&B.
- Analyses outlet activity on a monthly basis, establishing the monthly profit and loss statement per outlet. The analysis should include revenue, sales costs, payroll, S.O.E., other expenses and productivity.
- Prepares the month end closing reports for the following: food, beverage, mini bar and operating supplies. Takes care of month end adjustments and related functions in coordination with the Financial Controller
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Financial Controller
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience handling a similar role.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
- Fluency in English is compulsory.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.