Job description / Role
An experienced manufacturing cost accountant (Manager level) is required for our client in Dubai. This role would see you overseeing a team of 6, and reporting into the Head of Finance, acting as his ‘number 2’. Only qualified accountants who have worked extensively in manufacturing will be considered.
• Oversees the general accounting operations, developing effective standards and systems.
• Ensure financial and accounting information is accurate and produced on time
• Prepare, verify and record journal vouchers and ensure entries are booked under appropriate accounting heads for all company transactions.
• Reporting of accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions
• Ensure monthly closing of the financial books
• Participate in yearly budget
• Prepare and consolidate financial statements such as the Trial Balance, Profit and Loss statement and Balance Sheet
• Submit monthly variance report
• Contribute to the development of financial policies & procedures
• Provide advice to the Management on the potential implications of proposed changes in accounting rules / policies and legislation / government rules.
• Participate in the period end stock, take and physical verification program.
• Monitor all the CAPEX procurement
• Ensure the assets procured are capitalized with correct cost
• Analysis of manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
• Liaise with the other departments including production, in order to obtain information on order status and to ensure that invoicing is undertaken at the appropriate time.
• Responsible for the development of key financial performance measures for the organization
• Develop insurance policy to ensure adequate coverage of risk to protect the assets of the company. Send monthly declaration to Insurance companies to cover all assets.
• Liaise with the external Auditors regarding statutory audits
• Manage the effective achievement of team objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing & training staff
AED 20,000 to 22,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Our client is looking to diversify the team – they encourage females and European/African/Arabic/CIS nationals to apply
• Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
• Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA)
• At least 10-12 years of financial experience in a manufacturing industry.
• Expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• In depth knowledge of financial / ERP systems (ideally Oracle)
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||4 Sep|
Ignite Search & Selection
LITASCO Middle East DMCC
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE