Job description / Role
Be a part of our International Consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project & programme management and cost consultancy services.
• Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
• Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
• Conducting feasibility studies and writing strategic procurement reports.
• Applying value management techniques throughout every stage of the project.
• Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
• Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively.
• Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client value engineering and life cycle costing.
• Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities.
• Degree Qualifications is essential for client approval.
• Full Membership of the RICS is essential for client approval.
• Major Building Project experience is essential for client approval.
• Extensive Dubai project experience is essential for client approval.
• 8yrs + of post-graduate experience is essential for client approval
• Excellent technical grounding in all aspects of quantity surveying or cost management is essential.
• Experience of advising clients on Value management, Value Engineering and Life Cycle costing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills will be required.
• Excellent Leadership qualities are essential.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.