Job description / Role
• Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
• Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc
• Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
• Perform technical and commercial review of subcontractor’s quotations for the preparation of Service agreements
• Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing, and delivery up to the closure of the project.
• Prepare monthly project movement report for the monitoring of the project activities on a daily basis and register all downtime, consumptions and manpower related issues
relating to the project promptly to the project manager and management.
• Coordinate and work with the project management team and with the other departments to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
• Attend project meetings and discussions with the Project Management Team and external clients
• Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review monthly to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
• Provide cost control and planning advice to the internal Project Management Team as and when required.
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
• Min 3 years relevant and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling preferably in Offshore Construction/EPS/EFIS industry
• Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling, and reporting.
• Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and SAP software is highly advantageous
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous
• Possess good project background and technical writing ability and skills.
• Mature, proactive, resourceful, and hands-on with good initiative.
• Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision.
• Fast worker with ability to work well under stress.
About the Company
STYRO Insulation Mat. Ind. L.L.C was founded in 2000, producing and installing complete Expanded Polystyrene Solutions in the UAE and MENA region. It is therefore considered the number one EPS manufacturer in the region as the market leader and main supplier of all EPS products.
STYRO is present heavily all over the UAE and Oman and GCC with plans to expand further in the region to reach all MENA region. We currently run two plants with a total surface area of 44,000 m^2, where approximately 250 technicians and workers are employed full time. We have a strong focused vision on sustainable growth and constant stability. We are achieving that by improving our business with continuous technical research and support through our Customer Service and R&D teams.
Our hand-picked staff ranges between engineers, experienced sales executives, vibrant marketing team and best customer service representatives who are all focused on satisfying our client's needs and provide the best pre/post-sales service experience possible to our valued customers.