Job description / Role
- To understand thoroughly Sofitel objectives in Cost Controls.
- Provide an effective auditing system for the activities of the Materials Management section.
- Provide a summary of the costs required by various colleagues in the Accounting and Control Department to prepare daily and monthly reports.
- Provide Department Heads with the cost figures necessary for them to operate their individual profit center profitably.
- Provide a system of monitoring the data input by operation level ambassadors.
- To compare details of quantities, unit costs, etc., on regular purchase orders to those on authorized purchase requests.
- To audit prices and quantity variances as per daily Receiving Variance Report.
- To ensure the inventory items and services which are bought and used in providing guests services and facilities are stored and used in the controlled manner and according to accounting principles.
- To check the data entered in Materials Management by ambassadors and to correct where necessary.
- To prepare daily the Comparison Report on Food & Beverage Actual vs. Potential costs / sales.
- To reconcile the cost of all officer and entertainment checks and apply credit to the respective departments.
- To prepare analysis on General Stores issues such as guest supplies against budget.
- To verify the accuracy of recipes for the outlets and kitchens for the purpose of inventory control and potential costing.
- To maintain records of inventory transactions which cannot be tracked through the system such as banquet events, cocktails and buffets.
- To audit inventory transactions and make adjustments when necessary.
- To collate and journalize month-end figures.
- To attend month end and other stocktaking activities in all Food & Beverage and general areas.
- Reconcile and obtain explanation on variation and prepare Inventory Adjustment Authorization for the Director of Finance's approval.
- To coordinate and assist in the inventory taking of operating equipment every four months.
- To maintain and keep track of all the FF&E items of the hotel and to coordinate and assist in the inventory taking of FF&E every year.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To conduct market survey of different items so as to ensure that the prices paid by hotel should be below the market retail prices.
- To understand and audit the operating procedures (purchasing, receiving, store, preparation etc.) of Materials Management Division.
- To spot check periodically internal purchase orders for Food & Beverage items against their appropriate market lists.
- To investigate reasons for spoilage issue forms and post through the system.
To check on a scheduled basis :
- Butcher yield tables and standard pricing tables
- Accuracy of units of measure and brand information at the receiving.
- Controllable and non-controllable status of inventory item data.
To spot check at random :
- The contents of minibars in unoccupied rooms
- Units of measure at bar
- The potential and actual costs of individual bars
- The accuracy of outlet recipes and portions being served
- VIP amenities and their respective conversion recipes
- Garbage cans and their contents
- Par stocks in outlets and stockrooms
- Inventory on shelves compared with inventory recorded in the computer
- Market survey on food items being purchased
- The quality of Food & Beverage items being received to ensure that they match purchase specifications
- Inventory turnover
- Liquor handling procedures and the use of outlet labels
- Pouring brand consumption
- To maintain organized files of all pertinent cost audit Operating Equipment and FF&E records.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Accountant - AR & AP
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Financial Planning Accountant
Assistant Finance Manager
TGC Consulting Middle East