Job description / Role
It's an exciting time to be joining the SNC Lavalin family in the UAE, as we continue to experience significant growth within our Resources sector. Because of the growth in project work we are looking to speak to candidates who have significant experience in cost engineering within the Oil & Gas sector.
Basic function & scope
- Work as part of the Project Controls function supporting projects in the United Arab Emirates
- Reporting directly to the head of projects controls
- Manage and report project cost both internally and to client
- Reporting and forecasting on all project costs including for services, materials and Sub - contract construction costs
- Participating in period project cost reviews including for profit and loss assessments
- Participating in project risk assessments
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or similar
- Exposure to project cost control or commercial management of EPC and/or cost reimbursable projects is essential
- Should be able to interpret contracts with regards to scope, commercial liability and opportunity
- Ability to understand and manage financial risks
- Strong IT skills
- Must have good command of English language both oral and written
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).