Job description / Role
Currie & Brown has a range of opportunities across its Middle East offices and is currently looking for a highly professional cost manager (quantity surveyor) for a large infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi, UAE
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Taking direction from the senior quantity surveyor (SQS) and team leader
• Supporting the SQS with the project deliverables and workflow
• Assisting in the preparation of interim payments, cost reports and variation pricing, using detailed electronic measurement under CESMM rules
• Providing high-level assessments and quantifications
• Maintaining effective communication to ensure that all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
• Delivering all work outputs in an accurately and timely manner
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships in true partnership
• BSc in quantity surveying
• A minimum of 5 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
• Middle East experience
• Must have strong post-contract experience working on large infrastructure projects
• Experience with a variety of infrastructure and public realm projects
• Good English technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading asset management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in North America, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, India and the Far East.