Job description / Role
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a cost manager for our Abu Dhabi office.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Providing accurate cost advice and reporting to our clients
• Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
• Assuming a leading role in setting objectives and priorities, working as a proactive team player
• Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
• Undertaking commercial management services with limited supervision
• Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
• Providing support to the team leader/service leaders in cost management of projects
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
• BSc in quantity surveying or equivalent
• Experience of working on large buildings projects, ie retail, residential and office developments
• A minimum of five years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global PQS consultancy firm in the Middle East
• Strong pre- and post-contract experience
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
Please note that preference will be given to Malaysian and Filipino applicants.
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.