Job description / Role
Reporting to the Country Director, with a dotted reporting line to Egypt and UAE General Counsel.
The Country Legal Counsel will be responsible for the legal & Compliance function at CEMEX UAE;
Plan, manage and participate in the provision of a full range of legal, corporate affairs and contractual services to ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are satisfied, and that expert legal advice is provided to different departments
• Draft, review, and negotiate contracts to ensure that the company’s interest is protected.
• Provide legal support in day-to-day activities of different departments.
• Manage compliance programs and participate in related audits and trainings.
• Manage corporate affairs activities related to the Board of Directors and Shareholders meetings.
• Manage external counsel.
• Manage governmental affairs related to licenses and permits.
• Degree in Law.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
• 8 - 10 years of relevant experience in law firm or multinational company.
• Previous work experience in UAE is preferred but not necessary.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, communication and research skills.
• Team player.
• Business and results oriented.
• Demonstrates confidence.
About the Company
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. Celebrating its 110th anniversary, CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements, and efforts to promote a sustainable future.
In the United Arab Emirates, we are a leading supplier of ready-mix concrete, slag (GGBFS), and cement with more than 10 years of experience and relationship in supporting the expansion and growth of the UAE and the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Senior Legal Counsel - Arabic Speaker