Job description / Role
The Creative Lab Coordinator will oversee the walk up activities that take place within the Creative Lab including the setup, preparation, maintenance, and facilitation of these activities. With the assistance of the Director of the Creative Lab, they will also have the opportunity to utilize the tools and materials to create new tinkering and make experiences for families.
The Creative Lab Coordinator will also assist the Director of the Creative Lab in the ordering of materials, preparation for workshops, maintaining of the space, teaching classes, and development of new workshops. They will work towards OliOli’s vision of creating awesome experiences and memories for children, acting as OliOli’s brand ambassador, with the primary objective of engaging with all visitors in an empathetic, thoughtful and joyful manner.
AED 7,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Degree required preferably in one of these subjects: Art, tech, design or early years education.
• Strong interest in prototyping and making
• Ability to learn technical skills quickly
• Fluency with using computers and G Suite (Google Docs sheets, etc)
• Basic understanding of digital design programs and skills like coding
• Basic knowledge of how to use hand tools and power tools
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and problem solve in a fast paced work environment
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups
• Experience working with young children (ages 2-13) and their families in informal or formal education settings.
• Ability to work with diverse staff and visitors
• Excellent grasps of the English language. Arabic is a plus.
Preferred technical skills:
• Basic programming and coding knowledge
• Proficiency in digital design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and 3D Modelling programs
• Working knowledge of fabrication equipment such as a laser cutter, vinyl cutter, and 3D printer
IMPORTANT!!!! Please only apply via GulfTalent. Candidates who apply directly to OliOli or via a phone call will be automatically removed from the candidate pool, due to the large number of applications we are receiving.
About the Company
OliOli is the Hawaiian word for 'joy'. With 8 galleries and over 40 exhibits, OliOli is an interactive play museum of delights to stimulate a child's body and mind.
We exist to bring wow experiences to children of all ages - creating a wholesome and delight-filled alternative to screen-based fun. Each space has been thoughtfully conceived with creativity and innovation, designed to inspire, stimulate imagination and curiosity, and spark a love of learning.