Job description / Role
This role will provide insightful, relevant, succinct and timely credit analysis of a portfolio of our clients (current or prospective). This includes responsibility for proposing counterparty credit grades via the relevant scorecard, and ongoing monitoring for credit-material events. While the portfolio will be industry / geography specific in focus, the role extends to analysing other clients as may from time to time be required.
In respect of Clients where the role-holder is assigned as analyst, they will have the following responsibilities:
* Proactive monitoring of key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable
* Partnering Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through ensuring they are always fully briefed on key risk aspects
* Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, as well as through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects
* Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis
* Acting as a broader point of expertise in respect of credit aspects with Product and others across SCB
Additionally, there will be team development responsibilities:
* Support CA Team Leaders and others in the team on ad hoc projects, strategic initiatives and exercises aimed at improving or enhancing the team's activities
* Continually strive to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others across the team
* Provide credit specific coaching to newer or less experienced members of the team
The role-holder will have the following experience:
* Analytical strength - to spot emerging risks, in particular forward-looking industry trends.
* Gravitas - to engage with Relationship Managers and Clients alike, have the ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
* Collaborative - to work in partnership with stakeholders to 'get things done', fulfilling the Job Purpose
* Extensive credit analysis experience gained either in banking, treasury or accounting environment
* Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of credit risk
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment
* Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with clients
* Well organized, able to multi-task and balance competing demands
* Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles gained by experience or qualification
* MBA or CFA qualifications advantageous, but not required.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve.
Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one, so apply now!
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.