Job description / Role
Key responsibilities of this job are as follows:
Timely drafting of credit analysis of a portfolio of SCB's clients, including the following:
- Discussion of the dynamics and nature of the Client's industry, including key risk aspects;
- Assessment of the Client's competitive positioning within its industry;
- Discussion of management strength, experience and track record and corporate governance more broadly;
- Articulation of the Client's strategy and an assessment of its clarity and associated execution risks;
- Assessment of funding strategy, financial policy, treasury activity (hedging, cash management) and liquidity;
- Development of a current / forward year base forecast performance expectation;
- Assessment of balance sheet strength, alongside cashflow and profitability vulnerability, via ratio analysis and/or stress testing;
- Discussion of other pertinent risk aspects, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support, relative ranking of indebtedness;
- Evaluation of risks associated with particular proposed transactions, where required Stakeholder Partnership
In respect of Clients where the role-holder is assigned as analyst:
- Proactive monitoring of key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable
- Partnering Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through ensuring they are always fully briefed on key risk aspects
- Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, as well as through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis
- Acting as a broader point of expertise in respect of credit aspects with Product and others across SCB
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant experience gained either in banking, or accounting environment
- Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of credit risk
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment
- Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with clients
- Well organized, able to multi-task and balance competing demands
- Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related degree
- Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles gained by experience / qualification
- MBA or CFA qualifications are advantageous.
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||28 Dec|
Banking & Finance Associate / Senior Associate