Job description / Role
A Credit and Collection Assistant is responsible for collecting receivables due from clients in a timely manner. The position is responsible for updating a client’s contact details and the status of their account. If a client has not transmitted their payment on or before its due date, it is the responsibility of the Credit and Collection Assistant to immediately contact the client and the Technical Sales Representative managing the client's account.
• Responsible for daily follow-ups and scheduling of collections to a group of companies Clients.
• Records daily collection for a group of companies Clients.
• Prepares reports for SOA, monitoring of invoices & balance collection status.
• Monitors clients' paying habit & collection details.
• Accepts collections and issue an official receipt
• Ensure payments (checks, cash, and bank transfers) are daily posted correctly and daily banked, issue receipts for payments upload and send the receipt to the client.
• Monitor client accounts constantly to identify any problems or any potential bad debt.
• Follow the collection cycle process daily in detail as per the company’s policy.
• Ensure post and courier are opened promptly.
• Ensure all customers have valid trade licenses
• Ensure Credit application Status Form is completed by the client with all required supporting documents to hand to legal and Collections Manager for review and approval.
• Generate various reports as requested by the management.
• Act as a point of reference and advice for the STYRO team and Customers.
• Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process, and review account adjustments and resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
• Verify all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures in line with the company procedures.
• Coordinate with the Accounts department to maintain a list of Accounts Receivable and Payable.
• Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned by the management from time to time
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate of BSC Accounting, finance or equivalent
• Must have at least 2-year experience in Finance and credit and collection.
• Mature, independent, hardworking, honest, good communication skills.
• Good command in English.
• Must possess the good analytical ability.
• Exposure in all phases of accounting.
• Capability/potential for acquiring higher responsibilities.
• Computer literate in Windows environment and other commonly used accounting software.
• Must be knowledgeable in Credit/Debt Collection, basic accounting, bank transactions.
About the Company
STYRO is a leading integrated producer of Expanded polystyrene (EPS) offering solutions and services to customers in a variety of markets throughout the UAE and emerging markets.
STYRO Ltd. (STYRO Insulation Material Industries LLC) was established in the Millennium year 2000. For more than 15 years now, Styro has supported the market in different fields and services mainly Insulation, Construction, Decoration and Packaging. The manufactured product at our factory is Styro Expanded polystyrene foam, where others call it with different names like Styrofoam in USA, Thermocol in India and Pakistan, STYROPOR in Germany and some parts of Europe. As a factory based in UAE, we are also suppliers and dealers of other products like, Extruded polystyrene (XPS), Polyurethane / Polyisocynurate, Rockwool, Glass Wool and Geo-textile. Through the years, STYRO Ltd. became more than a Manufacturer of Expanded Polystyrene, but as a one stop full solution house servicing most sectors in GCC starting from UAE Cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and the northern Emirates reaching the neighboring cities like Muscat- Oman and Doha-Qatar, nevertheless our boundaries are unlimited in the Middle East.
Accounts Payable & VAT Accountant
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
A Leading Trading Company in the UAE