Job description / Role
A private and large investment company based in Abu Dhabi that has investments across various asset classes and industries is recruiting for somebody immediately.
The role is to support the Fixed Income Portfolio Manager and the Investment Team in general in analysing, researching, monitoring and tracking the fixed income markets and prepare regular investment reports. The fixed income universe includes corporate bonds, sovereigns and other structured products in the EM and MENA region.
- Conduct fundamental credit analysis on investment grade and high yield issuers (sovereigns and corporate) within the EM and MENA markets
- Track the new issuance market, conduct timely analysis on potential issuances and provide investment recommendations to the portfolio manager and the team based on the result of the analysis
- Synthesize information from credit rating reports, bond prospectus, management presentations and current financial news to construct issuer-specific credit opinions
- Analyze corporate and government borrowers, and assist in the preparation of research reports including financial analysis, and assessment of valuation and potential investment returns
- Keep track of the key global macro developments (central bank meetings, macro data, IMF reports, rating agency reports) and their impacts on interest rate movements, term structure, bond yields, etc.
- Monitor corporate bond, loan, and credit default swap trading levels, using data to construct and maintain relative value analysis tools
- Monitor credit quality and exposure levels of existing holdings within the investment portfolios and assist portfolio managers in monitoring company and industry developments
- Assist in the development and improvement of credit research tools, process and reporting
- Work closely with the portfolio manager/team on any new mandates within the fixed income space including private debt, structured products, absolute return strategies, etc.
Support the investment team in investment administration duties from time to time in relation to the Fixed Income Portfolios
- Candidates should have 2-3 years experience in credit analysis or related work experience working with a buy side investment team or sell side research firm focused on fixed income
- Prior experience using Bloomberg and MS Excel from a fixed income perspective is highly beneficial for the role
- Extensive knowledge in fixed income investment (bonds, rates, sovereigns, private debt, structured products)
- Understanding of investment fundamentals driving credit valuations and pricing (leverage ratios, cash flow metrics, asset quality analysis, bond duration, yields); derivatives and related products
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.