Job description / Role
A Credit and Collection Assistant is responsible for collecting receivables due from clients in a timely manner. The position is responsible for updating a client’s contact details and the status of their account. If a client has not transmitted their payment on or before its due date, it is the responsibility of the Credit and Collection Assistant to immediately contact the client and the Technical Sales Representative managing the client's account.
- Responsible for daily follow-ups and scheduling of collections to a group of companies Clients.
- Records daily collection for a group of companies Clients.
- Prepares reports for SOA, monitoring of invoices & balance collection status.
- Monitors clients' paying habits & collection details.
- Accepts collections and issue an official receipt
- Ensures payments (checks, cash, and bank transfers) are daily posted correctly and daily banked, issue receipts for payments upload and send the receipt to client.
- Monitors client accounts constantly to identify any problems or any potential bad debt.
- Follows the collection cycle process daily in detail as per the company’s policy.
- Ensures post and courier are opened promptly.
- Ensures all customers have valid trade licenses
- Ensures Credit application Status Form is completed by the client with all required supporting documents to hand to legal and Collections Manager for review and approval.
- Generates various reports as requested by the management.
- Acts as a point of reference and advice for STYRO team and Customers.
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments and resolve client discrepancies and short payments.
- Verifies all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures in line with the company procedures.
- Coordinate with the Accounts department to maintain a list of Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned by the management from time to time
- Graduate of BSC Accounting, finance or equivalent
- Must have at least 2-year experience in Finance and credit and collection.
- Mature, independent, hardworking, honest, good communication skills.
- Good command in English.
- Must possess good analytical ability.
- Exposure in all phases of accounting.
- Capability/potential for acquiring higher responsibilities.
- Computer literate in Windows environment and other commonly used accounting software.
- Must be knowledgeable in Credit/Debt Collection, basic accounting, bank transactions.
- Arabic speaker is preferable
- Valid UAE driving License
About the Company
STYRO Insulation Mat. Ind. L.L.C was founded in 2000, producing and installing complete Expanded Polystyrene Solutions in the UAE and MENA region. It is therefore considered the number one EPS manufacturer in the region as the market leader and main supplier of all EPS products.
STYRO is present heavily all over the UAE and Oman and GCC with plans to expand further in the region to reach all MENA region. We currently run two plants with a total surface area of 44,000 m^2, where approximately 250 technicians and workers are employed full time. We have a strong focused vision on sustainable growth and constant stability. We are achieving that by improving our business with continuous technical research and support through our Customer Service and R&D teams.
Our hand-picked staff ranges between engineers, experienced sales executives, vibrant marketing team and best customer service representatives who are all focused on satisfying our client's needs and provide the best pre/post-sales service experience possible to our valued customers.