Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
- We are currently looking to recruit a Credit Control Executive for Global Aftersales Automotive in Dubai. Reporting to the Business Unit Finance Manager, you will support the Credit control manager and the Business unit finance manager in carrying out receivables' portfolio management. You will work closely with the staff and ensure you perform your receivables management routine activities efficiently and effectively and develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI's). You will be entrusted by the credit control manager to streamline the processes to have the most efficient, simple, and convenient processes which will support on timely collection of dues. You will provide required support to the credit control manager that aids to deal with difficult customers and long overdue payments. You need to provide relevant information that helps to review and update company policy with regard to debt collection.
- This role demands exposure to highly sensitive & confidential information of the organization that requires considerable use of data monitoring, judgement, and considerable data control.
What you will do:
- Support Credit Control Manager to review current process of the department and suggest the optimal process which will enable the organization to submit invoicing on time & will also help collect cash on time.
- Prepare, review and provide MIS reports on receivables by division / customer. Provide necessary insights that helps Credit control manager to Identify areas of concern.
- Work with Credit control department on mitigating risks.
- Prepare and report key performance indicators for each division and regularly review the same with the credit control manager and Business Unit Finance Manager.
- Provide Insights that helps Credit control manager to develop collection strategy and action plan and ensure that they are carried out.
- Closely liaise with Finance Shared Services on debtor reports, accounting, and receivables monitoring.
- Timely review of the customer outstanding and work with the credit control manager to devise payment plans for the customers where necessary.
- Month-end provision of rebate accruals & AR provisioning.
- You should be a good team player that thrives to create an honest and open work environment that helps to achieve a common business objective and deliver results.
- In addition to the above-mentioned requirements, you will at times be expected to perform entrusted tasks and duties outside of your scope of work as necessitated by work demand
Required Skills to be successful:
- The candidate possesses minimum 2 years of experience working in the capacity of credit control executive.
- Timely review of the customer outstanding and work with the credit control manager to ensure smooth collection.
- Prepare and report receivables key performance indicators for each division and regularly review the same with the credit control manager and Business Unit Finance Manager.
- Timely submission of SOAs to the customer and liaise with the customers to address any queries and coordinate with the sales executives and customer to settle pending dues, if any.
- Prepare and submit Budget and quarterly forecast assumptions for receivables
About the Team:
In this position you will be working in a fast paced and diverse environment. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Financial Controller
What equips you for the role:
- The ideal candidate will possess an Internationally Accredited Professional Accountancy Qualification or a Bachelor of Commerce or Diploma in Accounting Financial Management. You will have a minimum of 3 years' experience with specific experience in receivables management of a large company and prior experience of working with Parts Dealers business is an added advantage. Ideally, we are looking for candidates with the below skills and behavioral competencies:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage
- Ability to work as a strong team player
- lead a large and diverse team and coach them into top performers
- Able to talk to all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Highly computer literate, knowledge of SAP will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world's most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.