Job description / Role
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
- To maintain proper credit procedures throughout the hotel in accordance with both local and corporate policies and procedures.
- To control and monitor prompt billing and collection of all accounts receivable items in order to maintain the lowest possible level of outstanding accounts at all times.
- Establish and maintain local credit policies and procedures regarding billing, collection, credits cards, inquiries, cheque cashing, etc.
- Ensure all departments within the hotel conform to the established guidelines for credit and collection policies and procedures.
- Working closely and communicating with Sales, Events and Front Office employees
- Must have thorough knowledge of all policies and procedures as they relate to credit and receivables.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local corporate policies and procedures as they relate to credit and receivables.
- Investigate fully all requests for billing and function as final authority over credit approval.
- Inspect all in-house accounts (PM and PX) to ensure adherence to the hotels' credit policy; assist with the collection efforts of these accounts where necessary.
- Ensure the Pegasus commission is prepared and submitted weekly to GRC and that other TA and group commissions are verified and paid timely.
- Review all requests for credit facility and conduct company searches,
- Credit enquiries and make recommendations for Management's approval.
- Approve credit as per the corporate credit policy. Communicate approval or non-approval to the appropriate managers.
- Ensure all AR accounts created are supported by approved credit application form.
- Maintain a report showing all groups and local catering events that are coming to the hotel within the next thirty (30) to sixty (60) days. Work closely with the appropriate managers to ensure all deposit requirements and are being met and that all clients either have approved direct billing or are fully pre-paid before their events.
- Ensure compliance with advance deposit policy.
- Pursue and collect delinquent accounts, as outlined in the Policy and procedures manual.
- Notify the Director of Finance on the status of uncollectible accounts.
- Ensure prompt and accurate billing of current and aged accounts with efficient follow-up procedures.
- Document all collection efforts in the client file on the standard template as per corporate policy
- Prepare bad debt documentation as required per the Policy and Procedures for write-offs.
- Maintain an up-to-date collection activity log for delinquent and uncollectible accounts.
- Maintain credit histories, original approved written requests for credit and other records for regular hotel accounts.
- Write off or adjust un-collectable accounts after approval by the Director of Finance according or designate to established corporate guidelines.
- Review the Guest Ledger High Balance Report daily and bring discrepancies to the attention of the Front Office Manager.
- Ensure all inquiries from guests or credit card companies are handled promptly (same day if possible) and professionally.
- Visit Clients, if and when required.
- Ensure that check-in/check-out procedure adequately protects the hotel without burden or delay to the guests of the hotel.
- Prepare month-end reports (i.e. Aging for Owners Monthly Meeting) and reconciliation's (i.e. accounts 016504 and 016302) as prescribed by policies and procedures for all receivable accounts including credit cards.
- Recommend improvements in the operation of Accounts Receivable / Credit to the Director of Finance.
- Oversee the monthly credit meeting to convey Credit /Receivable policies and procedures to the staff of those departments.
- Maintain minutes of credit meeting as evidence of control.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the Accounts Receivable officer and do performances review of that individual as prescribed by hotel policy.
- Participate in the orientation program for staff in Sales and Catering, Front Desk, Reservations and other related positions.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the Director of Finance or designate to include a participative role in the management of the department.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks, and be willing to accept assignments on an as needed basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Must be self-motivated and have a high degree of analytical ability.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must have analytical skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to motivate employees.
- Must have Leadership Skills.
- Must be a Team player.
- Must be highly responsible and able to take initiatives.
- Diploma/Degree in Hospitality Management and/or Accounting
- Familiarity with systems: OPERA, EXCEL.
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years' experience in accounting with at least 2 years in Accounts Receivable.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.