Job description / Role
Reporting to the Director of Finance, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Credit section.
- Ensures that strong and open communication lines are maintained with the Director of Finance
- Ensures that the hotel credit policy and procedure is adhered to in all departments.
- Processes credit applications within 10 working days, ensuring that clients are notified promptly and professionally.
- Reviews the credit worthiness of all existing non-Accor approved clients on a yearly basis.
- Ensures all invoices / statements are issued on a timely basis.
- Monitors the prompt follow-up of all overdue accounts and minimize the recovery delay.
- Implements effective inquiry response procedure for guests and management.
- Ensures all travel agent commissions are timely processed and paid.
- Reports on monthly accounts receivable ageing analysis and detailed accounts' ledgers.
- Conducts credit meetings at least once a month.
- Appropriately manages all delinquent accounts, liaising with debt collectors where needed.
- Reviews and recommends accounts to be written off, providing appropriate documentation
Guest Ledger and liaison with Front Office
- Liaises between the Accounting Department and the Front Office.
- Ensures PM accounts are checked on daily basis and transferred to city ledger within 48hrs from the departure date.
- Reviews the Advance Deposit ledger to ensure all the balances are either current or for future date.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Economy, Finance, Accounting Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
- Previous experience in a credit section required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.