Job description / Role
The role is responsible for counterparties' credit risk management, including enhancement of risk measurement methodology and management system. It will establish and manage counterparties' credit risk exposure and monitor credit asset quality of financial institutions counterparties.
The client is a New York headquartered payments business with operations globally - they have been in business for 20 years and have recently set-up in the region; they have also been making headlines recently for positive news surrounding their business.
* Preparing detailed credit reports by analyzing the financial and business profile of the organization's existing portfolio of clients as well as new clients.
* Financial analysis including in-depth analysis of client's profitability, asset quality, liquidity, capitalization, debt position etc. as well as preparing financial spreads and conducting ratio analysis.
* Business review includes analyzing the business model, future strategy, market position, management, peer comparison etc. which helps in better understanding the business situation of the client and the market in which it operates.
* Presenting the credit applications to the CFO for approval and actively participating in the discussions on the credit proposals submitted.
* Recommending the various risk mitigants such as collateral, guarantee etc. that can be used in order to reduce the credit risk for certain high-risk relatively weak smaller clients.
* Implementing risk controls and processes to effectively monitor the various products allocated to different clients. The objective is to ensure the product exposure remains within the pre-decided threshold exposure limits.
* Effectively managing our large portfolio of clients across different countries by regularly interacting with Business team and clients to know about their financial plans, future projects, recent financial results, new business developments etc. thereby maintaining an effective business relationship and a sound portfolio.
* Regularly conducting "Credit monitoring" to ascertain any changes in creditworthiness of our clients. Regularly reviewing client performance and reporting any adverse movements promptly.
* Daily Monitoring of exposure through settlement reports and exposure monitoring tools to ensure we promptly address settlement concerns.
* Fin-tech exposure
* Growth prospects
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background
* Formalized Credit Training (preferred) from an accredited financial institution
* 5-10 years of credit experience in a financial institution/rating agency
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Strong PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Good interpersonal skills and a team oriented person
* The job involves extensive travel opportunities for direct interaction with the regional clients providing a fantastic perspective on client relationship management
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Aventus Global Talent
Regional Finance Controller
Credit Analyst - Banking
|Abu Dhabi||15 Apr|
Credit and Collection Assistant
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Ignite Search & Selection