Job description / Role
Crew Supervisor - Dubai, UAE
To serve as the main point of contact for hiring, sourcing and scheduling moving crew, ensuring an efficient use of labor in line with current metrics with the aim of staffing jobs with the correct number of crew which are trained, well informed and accountable.
• Main point of contact between move coordinators, crew members (Internal and outsourced).
• To confirm all daily diary bookings with move coordinators and organize teams as per given workload.
• Using metrics provided by Surveyor and/or Operations to supply crew numbers and creating a daily schedule in advance.
• Organize transportation, equipment and material requirements for all moves in line with metrics provided by Surveyor and/or Operations.
• To ensure that all crew member including vendors are in full Move One uniform at all times.
• To ensure all work documentation is correctly uploaded by crew leaders once completed to the system.
• Monitoring and recording all crew working hours, overtime and rest periods ensuring additional costs are covered within jobs.
• Reporting details to operations of moves that result in over 10% variation of the surveyed volume.
• To record customer feedback and report any issues of concern from crew / customer.
• To identify, inform supervisor and if possible immediately implement cost saving procedures.
• Identify and assist in new hire training methods for crew leaders, drivers and crew members.
• Continuous monitoring of crew, vendor performance and provide performance report when requested by supervisor.
• Managing crews holidays, vacations and sick leaves and organizing it 6 months in advance.
• To carryout daily spot check inspections of vehicle fleet for cleanliness,damages and road safety.
• Design a system for tracking fuel consumption and ensure that all drivers are completing weekly reports correctly and submitting on time.
• Follow and maintain a planned maintenance program (including vehicles), recording all actions and corrective measures.
• Ensure all vehicles are clean at all times and brand compliant.
• Ensure driving violations, parking fines and vehicle misuse are reported to HR.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Hindi.
• Valid UAE driving license.
• Computer knowledgeable: Word, Excel, Open office, Windows.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
• Ability to gain respect and build good relationships with co-workers and customers
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Effectively works well under pressure
About the Company
For over 25 years, Move One has provided seamless international logistics, relocations, moving, and pet transportation services across the globe. A leader in emerging and frontier markets, we understands our customer requirements and difficulties they face operating in challenging environments.
Move One has provided project logistics in support for military, humanitarian organizations, and the energy sector throughout the developing world. With operations in Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Central Asia, the Middle East, and most recently the African region. Move One has the necessary experience, local knowledge, and resources to execute on any logistic project.
When it’s Not Just a Box.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supply Chain Executive
Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons
Import/Export Documentation Executive
Viva HR Consultants
Transguard Workforce Solutions