Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATEâ„¢ Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
An excellent career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, Food & Beverage Department as Culinary Sous Chef. In this role you are Assisting the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to set standards and maintain them to the Motiongate Dubai Parks standards. Ensure the smooth operation of the department in charge by optimizing the use of materials, manpower, thereby maximizing revenue and guest satisfaction. You are required to coordinate and execute training of kitchen colleagues and keep motivating them.
- Supervise all colleagues engaged in the kitchen together with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Attend daily meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter
- Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef's meeting and some other issues.
- Establish culinary standards for the specialty of each kitchen which includes banqueting that caters to a number of guests.
- Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef and or Executive Sous Chef.
- Inspect twice daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed further in this book
- Check any spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and inform the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef
- Check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards
- Conducts training and thorough briefing on the correct usage of kitchen equipment and machinery and to check that this is carried out in the correct manner by all kitchen colleagues.
- Ensure the personal hygiene of colleague is up to the standard
- Ensure that the daily logbook is utilized and complaints are immediately reported to the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensures that all points mentioned in the log book has been carried out. E.i mis en place and other instructions to complete the operation
- Maintain, record and follow up documentation, checklists for control purposes.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
- Bachelor Degree or High School Diploma
- 10 to 15 years of experience in 4 to 5 star or A Grade restaurant with fine dining of Indian curry and kebab with strong Banqueting of large numbers. Minimum 3 years as Chef De Partie, junior sous chef or assistant chef.
- Hands on in cooking especially with Indian classical and modern cuisine. Knowledge of recipe and food cost.
- Effective oral and written communications skills in English
- Possess good interpersonal skills for interacting with people
- A team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets
- Multi-tasking, problem solving and judgement skills
- Monthly food inventory & food ordering through Adaco or through other related ERP System
- Tertiary Certificate or Diploma in a Culinary / Hospitality related field
- Previous experience in a similar role in Theme Park / Hospitality in the U.A.E.
- Possess good leadership qualities
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to calculate simple mathematics and collect different modes of payment accurately
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014