Job description / Role
A well-known event management/media company based in Abu Dhabi is currently looking for a Cultural Affairs Manager.
In this role, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Develop direct relationships with key cultural organizations locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Engage in the collaborative development of programme elements and/or co-commissions and co-productions with partner organizations (such as International Festivals and cultural organizations)
- Research and monitor activities of the key regional and international cultural landscape
- Collaborate with our local diplomatic partners, take the lead on specific projects/initiatives with the diplomatic community as required.
- Formalize relations with key international partners with Letters of Cooperation and/or Memorandums of Understanding.
- Manage existing partnerships with local, regional, and international partners.
- Research and recommend regional and international trips, conferences, festivals, awards, recognitions, and opportunities for the organization and the CEO in the culture sector.
- Manage active memberships in relevant networking organizations (European Festivals Association, UNESCO, ECOSOC, Etc.)
- Oversee all visiting guests of the organization.
- Execute public affairs communication strategy best cultivates and builds upon existing relations with strategic partners.
- Attend meetings with the CEO; ensure preliminary research and pre-meeting notes are provided to the CEO ahead of time; document meetings with detailed minutes.
- Moderate suitable discussion events as required.
- Perform other tasks pertinent to the function as required by the CEO.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- With a minimum of 3 years in the same function
- Good command of English; knowledge of Arabic is a plus
- Familiar with government and event protocol
- Considerable progressive experience with proven leadership and record of accomplishment in cultural affairs management, including budget, staff management, fundraising, and professional arts administration
- Strong preference will be given for prior experience starting and growing a new cultural arts program.
- Possession of a valid UAE driver's license.
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for the arts.
- Thorough knowledge of current practices in the field of local arts agency administration.
- Skills in strategic planning to effect change in a multi-cultural environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the budgeting practices of performing and visual arts organizations.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such a request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.