Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As the Analytics Lead for the Customer value stream, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of Chalhoub's customers and work collaboratively with the business to improve how we delight customers through our offer of products and experiences. You will be a critical partner for our business leaders in the CX, CRM and Customer Loyalty space, as well as for the Chief Customer Officer.
What you'll be doing
- Partnering with business leaders to set analytics priorities across customer functions
- Identifying new opportunities and business use cases to generate value
- Capturing business logic and developing solution prototypes for subsequent productionisation by the data product team
- Working with the core data team to operationalise and deliver impact with data products
- Increasing the productivity of customer-centric operations by harnessing data to simplify, improve UX, automate, reduce errors and accelerate time-to-value
- Generating actionable insights from customer data and championing their use to drive value
- Predicting and forecasting potential outcomes, to support proactivity, such as targeted marketing
- Data-driven recommendations to optimise productivity, value and customer delight
- Taking ownership of the direction and development of customer analyst roles across the group, including hiring, training and upskilling talent
- Leading by influence a disparate team of in-business customer data analysts and ensuring they are healthy, happy and high-performing
- Championing the growth of trustworthy data critical to delighting our customers
- Acting as the customer analytics thought leader for our brands and partners and staying ahead of the knowledge curve through training, on the job learning and targeted research
- Being a positive role model and ambassador for the broader data organisation and culture
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven analytics champion, capable of executing organisation-wide initiatives
- Ability to prioritise business needs and focus on the impactful opportunities
- Executive presence to deal with demanding stakeholders, combined with talent to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Leadership skills - vision, clarity, energy, emotional intelligence, enthusiasm, mentoring
- Willingness to do some foundational "heavy lifting" in automating reporting and dashboarding, to enable business users to self-serve, prior to accelerating value through advanced techniques
- First-hand experience of advanced analytics / machine learning concepts and techniques (such as social media analytics, natural language processing) and their application to customer use cases
- Ability to interpret business questions and provide solutions through appropriate analytics models
- (Desirable) Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query and Looker software
- The curiosity, hunger and resilience to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.