Job description / Role
The Discovery Customer Care Support Agent (DCCSA) is responsible for providing support for both internal (GHA member brand and hotels) and external customers/members of the DISCOVERY program.
This role will act as the main point of contact for the resolution of issues. This role will be responsible for responding to inquiries (email, online claims, phone, chat, etc.), resolving problems, and providing instructions or information to satisfy the needs of members and GHA Hotels. This role's goal is to ensure complete customer (internal and external) satisfaction by handling requests in a courteous, timely, professional, and efficient manner and utilizing Discovery standard processes, sales, and service skills.
Reports to: Discovery Customer Care Supervisor
Direct reports: Discovery Customer Care Manager
Key interactions: Internal: GHA Team
External: Discovery Loyalty Members/Brand Champions/Hotels
The areas of responsibility under this position include but are not limited to:
• Responds effectively to all inquiries (email, telephone, online claims, chat, etc.), serving as the primary point of contact and owning customer issues from start to finish.
• Assist hotel reservation centers, hotels, and brand champions by providing profile, stay and benefit assistance.
• Verifies and shows understanding in all current company policies and procedures necessary when handing all communications.
• Assist guests and hotels with questions, redemptions, and resolving issues with Discovery Local
• Experiences and other programs that might be available.
• Works with hotels and brands to handle escalated issues.
• Accurate and detailed documentation of customer contacts, including the issue and resolution, or actions taken.
• High School diploma required; College Degree preferred.
• Experience in the hospitality, travel industry, customer service, or contact center is preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written)
• Ability to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiple, divide and calculate percentages)
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to assess issues quickly and accurately, provide resolution or next steps.
• Keen problem solver who can think on his/her feet.
• Ability to accurately and efficiently update/ enter data.
• Ability to multi-task between systems and tasks while providing accurate and complete details.
• Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office and Windows
• Experience with Oracle Service Cloud, OCIS, or GRAVTY a big plus
• Strong work ethic and a get-the-job-done attitude.
• Experience using CRM or other customer management software is preferred.
• Additional languages are a plus (Chinese, Spanish, German, Italian, Thai, Portuguese, Arabic, etc.)
About the Company
Global Hotel Alliance brings together a unique collection of independent hospitality brands for GHA DISCOVERY, a multi-brand loyalty programme leveraging a shared technology platform. Through membership in GHA, hotel brands expand their global reach, drive incremental revenue by sharing customer data, and reduce dependence on third-party channels, all while maintaining management independence and individual positioning.
GHA represents a collection of 35 brands with 500 hotels in 85 countries serving more than 11 million members. The award-winning GHA DISCOVERY programme generates approximately $2 billion in revenue and over 8 million room nights annually.