Job description / Role
Our client, a supply chain management company is looking for a Customs Clearance Executive to be based in Dubai.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Coordination with manufacturers/supplier required item/s and quantities to produce, shipment schedule, providing necessary information such as required documents and necessary details for preparation of shipping documents.
• To maintain close working relationships with suppliers to problem solve and improve service.
• Monitor schedule of production, quality inspection, shipment, arrivals and original shipping documents to ensure delivery on time and avoid demurrage charges.
• To obtain and forward information to commercial manager and to the department.
• Update ERP system (SCM).
• Coordination of imports and liaises with customs brokers
• Preparation of shipping documents including application of COO at Dubai Chamber of Commerce.
• Coordination and maintaining relations with company’s GCC distributors.
• Providing information of shipped and incoming SKU’s and updates status of distributor’s requirements and sending shipping documents.
• Preparation of reports of cost, items and quantities shipped, wire transfer made, order status report and some other reports required by the management
• To perform some accounting related task such as payment to the suppliers
• Assist Marketing department for shipment of promotional stand / display and other promotional items.
The Ideal Candidate would have:
• At least 3 year experience in the UAE and a strong understanding of the UAE logistic market.
• Preferred to have worked in customs/clearance with food/perishable items (fresh/frozen goods)
• Knowledgeable about the process in international importation and exportation of goods
• Having a good relationship with customs and other government entities, municipal bodies etc. in the UAE
• Fluent in Arabic and English (Written and spoken)
• Knowledge in logistics would be a plus
• Strong organizational skills coupled with good knowledge in Microsoft office application
• Willingness to work outside normal working hours
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.