Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
The purpose of the Country Growth Lead role is to support the market team in their growth planning and decision making based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analysis. This role will work closely together with the General Managers, Fleet Managers, Marketing Managers, Commercial and Revenue Management and the Customer and Captain Growth Teams, providing insights and solutions to various growth issues and driving forward strategic direction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Model and track growth KPIs against daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Project manage and problem solve growth bottlenecks and opportunities with relevant stakeholders
- Act as a first point of contact for market teams support requests, liaising various teams and departments daily
- Develop and implement effective reporting and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas
- Produce and distribute reports to relevant internal parties analyzing data and highlighting key areas of interest
- Drive massive upticks in user acquisition, activation, retention, and referrals
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- You have 5-7 years of work experience in Jordan, Lebanon and/or Palestine and have a degree from an accredited university
- Preferably from Computer, Industrial or other Engineering perspective (Optional)
- Analysts at top-tier strategy consulting, Marketing Analytics investment banking or multinational firm
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Ability to effectively trouble shoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Understand and optimize loyalty and viral side to unlock growth
- You are highly skilled at Excel, Tableau and SQL…
- You have a solid track record of driving massive user growth at consumer-facing start-ups/large organizations
- You have high user empathy
- You have the ability to seamlessly transition from high-level creative brainstorming to conducting and analyzing experiments and sweating the details
- You have a deep understanding of large social web and mobile platforms, and social / viral mechanics
- You are team-focused and highly collaborative
- You have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Super Fluent in English and Arabic language (both must)
- Willing to relocate to Dubai, UAE; our Basecamp but travel often to other markets
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.