Job description / Role
The Job Opportunity
We are seeking customer service professionals to join our Dubai Tram team, to deliver a safe, reliable, world class, customer focused tram service. In this role you will roving around the Dubai Tram Al Sufouh System (DTAS) engaging with customers and responding to incidents. This role offers exciting career opportunities in to Tram Driving.
- Monitor and maintain station operational status and to ensure the safety and comfort of passenger movement within the tram and station premises;
- Assist and mitigate overcrowding on platforms to ensure that passengers flows are managed in an orderly manner;
- Provide information on ticket sales and tram services information
- Distribute publicity materials and handle lost property;
- Provide safe, reliable, convenient and comfortable tram journeys
- Enforce revenue protection procedures and associated by-laws;
- Provide the very best in customer service and information;
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Customer focused, professional engage with customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity.
- Identifies innovative ideas and solutions for everyday work problems that contribute to on-going continuous improvement and add value to the customer. A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem-solving capability
- Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation;
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Lives the Serco values - Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation
As a minimum you will have experience in customer service, dealing customers in public environment and conflict resolution techniques. You will have a driving license for a total more than 5 year (including home country and Dubai - UAE).
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world and we are committed to redesigning and improving the services through innovation.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.