Job description / Role
What you will do
The Customer Services Manager is a key role directly reporting to the Regional Director of Operations - Middle East and Africa. You will be based in Dubai and oversee Order Administration, Order fulfillment and Billing functions in the MEA region and manage teams in Dubai and off-shore offices, governance and gatekeeping in establishing secured business, procurement, billing and related areas. You will be responsible for the order processing value chain for MEA Operations, and covers the entire equipment sales operations either direct or through the distribution network throughout the Middle East and Africa, including KSA and Pakistan. Responsibilities are diverse and involves engagement with Sales, Operations, S&OP, Finance and Compliance functions.
As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience to deliver our business objectives across the region.
How you will do it
* As Customer Services Manager you will review incoming sales orders for commercial, legal & contractual compliance and approvals.
* Establish internal procedures to ensure all sales order documentation is complete and manage the process, manage the order placement activities for the region, ensure compliance to Company purchasing policies and procedures, delegation of authority and SCM guidelines.
* Monitor entry and update of data to the ERP system. Liaise with factories, vendors and sub-contractors to ensure smooth and timely expediting of orders, deliveries and sales support.
* Manage effective communication between Sales organization, Operations, Customers and Suppliers.
* Supervise generation of reports on orders secured, billing, product matrices and forecasts, and ensure proper storage & archival of sales records in physical and electronic forms, ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements on records retention.
* Ensure adequate training is imparted to CSD personnel in their respective areas of operation, generate and monitor billing forecast reports & coordinate with Accounts to ensure timely billing.
* Ensure adherence to corporate standards on ethical, legal and federal requirements.
You are pro-active and self-motivated enjoying the challenge of working independently to drive your region's growth, approaching issues from a broad multi-functional perspective to ensure satisfaction of internal and external customers.
What we look for
* Professional qualifications in Finance, Supply chain and/or Engineering
* Minimum 7 years of experience in Order Administration, Order fulfillment and Billing function within international environment
* Knowledge of INCO/UCP terms, banking procedures, accounting standards and international trade practices
* Attention to detail without losing overall perspective of business and corporate requirements
* Deep understanding of contracts, commercial laws and local trade practices
* Good inter-personal skills and ability to manage a large multi-cultural team
* Strong grounding in professional ethics and integrity
* Good knowledge of computer based systems, office applications and ERP software
* Experience in iScala
* Comparable industry experience is a benefit
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.