Job description / Role
Our ideal candidate will be committed to promoting and ensuring a safe work environment with demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and accomplishing his/her work in a detailed and efficient manner. This candidate should be a self-starter, a team player, adaptable, an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the management of a portfolio of specific products and customers from order inquiry and placement to account settlement. Other key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate and manage International orders with sales and overseas offices/agents in regards to forecast, allocation and product availability.
• Process orders and deliveries and coordinate with freight forwarder, shipping scheduler and/or shipping companies/agencies to obtain freight booking and timely shipment.
• Ensure that shipping documents are accurate, in compliance with letter of credit requirements and distributed timely for import clearance at destination.
• Monitor and expedite shipments as necessary.
• Investigate and resolve supply chain issues and customer complaints, working to develop and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provide back-up coverage for team members.
• Rotate “On Call” schedule with other team members for after-hours and weekend coverage.
• Requires 2-3 years customer service, import/export logistics, freight forwarding and/or steamship line experience preferred.
• SAP experience a plus.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Computer literate with the ability to learn customer service SAP software applications.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
About the Company
Gulf Polymers Distribution Company FZCO is a company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates that distributes polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, and 1-Hexene products manufactured by Saudi Polymers Company.
Gulf Polymers Distribution Company FZCO is a free zone company incorporated in the Dubai Airport Freezone and jointly owned by National Petrochemical Company (Petrochem), a joint stock company incorporated in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Arabian Chevron Phillips Petrochemical Company Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC.