Job description / Role
The Kanoo Group is one of the most dynamic and successful family businesses in the Middle East with a tradition of innovation and service stretching back almost 130 years. With business interests in shipping, logistics, travel, machinery, energy, chemicals and manufacturing, this diverse group of companies delivers sustainable excellence throughout the Arabian Gulf.
Kanoo Shipping is looking for a Customs Clearance Clerk/ Loading Master to be based in Fujairah, UAE.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of all launch cargo loading and discharging operations, including cargo documentation. Prior experience in a similar position within the shipping industry would be preferred.
Candidates currently located in Fujairah are preferred for the role.
• Responsible for the overall accuracy, completeness, safety and timeliness of spares to be delivered to vessels as per procedure.
• Responsible for the overall accuracy and completeness of all required documentation of cargo to be loaded/landed.
• Responsible for the checking the accuracy of all log sheets data as given by all boat captains and rectifying with boats captains.
• Collect all acknowledgment receipt of all delivered items.
• Tally log sheet entries as per landing note, landing note for STS deliveries and acknowledgment receipts.
• Manage all items stored in the cargo bay area allocated to Kanoo and ensure all items are loaded to the correct service boats on time as per schedule.
• Ensure all items are handled with care and without damage.
• Responsible for reporting to logistics & port services manager all damaged/incorrect documentation and any other discrepancy/non-conformity to procedure.
• Ensure all items for delivery to vessel loaded to the correct service boats as per delivery note/ cargo bay daily stock control.
• Ensure cargo bay daily stock control record is up to date and accurate.
• Ensure all unexpected landed cargo/items are registered and accounted for in cargo bay daily stock control for reporting to logistics & port services manager.
• Ensure all items for storage in cargo bay area is collected on time as per port requirement and all items have delivery receipts after endorsing to forwarders/collectors
• Coordinate with warehouse in-charge for booking of port equipment if required, collect and endorse to shipping receptionist all documents from launches.
• Ensure all documents are collected and placed in sealed envelopes.
• Responsible for ensuring effective implementation/ compliance of management requirements as per Kanoo shipping operational/ quality/ HSSE procedures and policies.
• Monitor suppliers to ensure Kanoo shipping operational/ quality/ HSSE/ accounting requirements are strictly complied at all times
• Responsible for collecting crew and master satisfaction feedback forms from operations department and given to the service boat captains for forwarding to vessel / personnel
• Collection of crew and master satisfaction feedback from boat captains and submission to shipping supervisor.
• Responsible for improvement of performance in carrying out responsibilities to achieve customer requirements.
• Prior experience in shipping/ marine company in the UAE, preferably inside Fujairah.
• Full knowledge in launch cargo loading/ discharging operations including cargo documentation.
• Understanding of Quality & HSSE Management Systems
• Hold a valid UAE driver’s license.
• You must be a team-player, highly motivated and results oriented person.
• Good English communication skills.
Kanoo Group. Many Opportunities. One Address.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||6 Aug|
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
TGC Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services