Job description / Role
- Industry: Healthcare - Allied Location: RAK
- We are sourcing for a Cytogenetic Lab Technologist/ Research Assistant / Scientist.
- This is for a very reputed healthcare facility in RAK, well known for its international healthcare services and for their CAP accredited Labs.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities for Cytogenetic Technologist / Scientist:
- Conducts routine and complex laboratory tests within the cytogenetic laboratory including tissue culture, karyotyping, harvesting, staining and microscopy.
- Supports clients as they access laboratory services.
- Analysis of chromosomes, which includes imaging and karyotyping of cytogenetic specimens
- Review test requisitions to gather pertinent details for analysis
- Summarizes test results utilizing ISCN nomenclature
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal test results
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Perform and evaluate troubleshooting, document all corrective actions as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Able to demonstrate independently set up of various cytogenetic experiments from clinical materials to performing test and clinical reporting
- Performs clinical assays in the Cytogenetics Lab.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and/or storage and plans workload.
- Prepares laboratory reagents for the analyses, sets up appropriate controls, performs analyses and calculates final results.
- Recognizes abnormal results and notifies supervisor.
- Sets up and/or maintains cell cultures for chromosome analysis, harvests cultures and makes slides.
- Does routine tissue culture of fibroblasts.
- Screens chromosome slides to determine modal count and groups several metaphases to check morphology.
- Performs banding procedures and fluorescence in situ hybridization. Computer imaging. Karyotyping.
- Quality control surveillance.
- Evaluates results of standard and control analyses and recognizes and reports out-of range conditions.
- Documents results of these analyses.
- Participates in ISO/CAP survey.
- Maintains record-keeping and results reporting.
- Verifies and monitors laboratory charges.
- Orders and maintains lab supplies and equipment.
- Orders and maintains supplies of chemicals, glassware, and equipment.
- Applies scientific method in problem-solving and assists in the evaluation of new methods and techniques.
- Assures that quality control criteria are met and adheres to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
- Follows clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
- Identifies source and nature of test problems and makes appropriate recommendation as to course of action.
- Records necessary documentation to comply with various agency and Hospital regulations.
- Performs required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and logs appropriately.
- Is able to perform minor trouble-shooting on instrumentation.
- Handles shipping and related processes for samples which must be sent outside the institution.
- Completes competency testing and mandatory and continuing education requirements as defined by the position.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in cytogenetics and karyotype reporting
- Organize and run laboratory housekeeping operations and routine common tasks required for the smooth functioning of the laboratory
- Aware of Quality Management System (QMS) in all phases of the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical laboratory processes.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- MSc. or higher degree in Cytogenetics
- MOH/DHA practice license as advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a Cytogenetic laboratory personnel
- Fluent in English communication, a second language an advantage
- Advantage: MSc./Ph.D in genomics, wet Lab Experience with hands-on working in all instruments related to cytogenetics - Leica and software skills
- Salary: Competitive(Will be discussed if shortlisted for the interview).
About the Company
At Prime source, our client relationships are built on bonds of mutual respect, loyalty and discretion. We understand the trust placed in us with each contract and we honor that commitment with an absolute commitment of our own: to do everything we can to deserve the trust placed in us and to do nothing that would compromise it.
Lab Technician - Molecular Biology
NGS Molecular Biology Technologist
Medical Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|
Senior Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|
Medical Research Specialist I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||3 Feb|