Job description / Role
• Looking for an experienced biomedical scientist in Cytology to manage and play an active part in the running of the Cytology Department of Mediclinic Middle East based at the City hospital, Dubai Healthcare City
• Will be responsible for supervising junior personnel.
• Maintain and organize work flow in the cytology department
• A minimum of 10 years of Cytology screening.
• Supervisory experience - including of the cytology service/Publications/Statistics/Quality Indicators/Checking and screening cytology Smears & Quality Control
• ASCP, NCA or equivalent (is preferred)
Licensure (For DHCC):
• A high school diploma with emphasis on Biology/computer science/Chemistry/Mathematics
• Bachelor’s degree in Cytotechnology of at least (3) three years duration from an accredited School/College/University
About the Company
Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, one of the top 10 listed private hospital groups in the world with 52 healthcare facilities in Southern Africa, 14 in Switzerland under the name Hirslanden AG and 10 in the UAE. Their headquarters are in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Previously EHL Management Services, the company became Mediclinic Middle East when its majority shareholder, Mediclinic International, acquired all remaining shares from its partners Varkey Group and General Electric in October 2012.
Mediclinic Middle East owns and operates some of the most respected healthcare facilities in the region. These include Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Mediclinic City Hospital, Mediclinic Dubai Mall, Mediclinic Ibn Battuta, Mediclinic Meadows, Mediclinic Arabian Ranches, Mediclinic Mirdif, Mediclinic Al Qusais, Mediclinic Al Sufouh and Mediclinic Beach Road.