Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Cloud & Cognitive MEA is currently hiring for a Data & AI Technical Sales Leader in Middle East/Africa. This position is responsible for building and maintaining a vibrant technical sales team that is responsible for delivering technical sales accelerators required to meet / exceed sales revenue commitments in our Data and AI team.
This open position is for any major city in the Middle East or Africa. Dubai is preferred.
This role provides technical sales leadership for IBM's largest software accounts. The technical team is required to be on the leading edge of technology and is responsible for leading the way as it relates to emerging technologies and growth initiatives including IBM Cloud, Analytics, and Watson AI. Technical Sales Leaders have a shared revenue responsibility with their Software Sales team and are responsible for fostering innovation that results in increased revenue and market share. The Technical Sales leader has to be a thought leader in the domain of Data Science, AI and Information Architecture.
- Build a technical team that takes pride in their technical acumen and consistently delivers new Opportunity Identification to the business
- Deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), Demonstration, and Client Workshop resources that close and deliver committed revenue
- Design and support a vibrant business partner ecosystem that can sell & deploy and adopt IBM solutions
- Lead Client Deployment and Adoption to drive client success and secure future software sales
- Ensure appropriate deploy and adoption plans are included with complex solution sales
- Act as the liaison between Software Sales and Lab Services to ensure adoption and client health objectives are achieved
- Create and promote a Technical Sales culture focused on Solution Selling that results in client success
- Lead new emerging technology and growth play initiatives for IBM Software Sales
- Promote the delivery sales across new delivery models, including Cognitive, SaaS, Hybrid Cloud, and Multi-Cloud based solutions
- Create a culture of continuous learning that promotes IBM's technology leadership position
- Demonstrated people management skills - effective listener and communicator; ability to train, mentor, and coach individuals at various stages of development
- Ability to understand business problems; provide guidance on strategies which will produce winning solutions in the Middle East and Africa Market
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels across the organization
- Apply an understanding of the industry trends, KPIs, financial measurements, key industry players and competitors to deliver solutions that address client needs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 15-20 years experience in Technical Sales (Data & AI portfolio)
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Sales Assistant (Steel Trade)
Business Development Manager - Technical Sales
Al Najma Al Marofah Computer Tr. LLC (Anamtech)
Business Analyst (Retail Background)