Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Technical Sales Specialists are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners.
- As a Technical Sales Specialist , you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate IBM Data & AI portfolio into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions.
- Data and AI Technical Sales Specialist will be a technical sales consultant and trusted advisor to IBM clients.
- Understand the client's business requirements and technical requirements,
- Apply industry-specific knowledge and experience, as well as deep product skill and competitive knowledge to bring new business and technology insights to assigned clients, in order to help drive revenue for the Data & AI Solutions portfolio.
You will learn the client's business
- Requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape and apply your technical knowledge and experience to bring new solutions to your aligned clients.
- IBM is seeking individuals interested in making an impact by helping clients transform their Data Infrastructure and Information Architecture as foundational, to unlocking insights and realise the benefits of AI infused in their business processes.
- You must be self-motivated, driven to win sales opportunities, and ready to interact daily with customers, colleagues, and business partners.
- Actively develop and progress opportunities within the Data & AI and Cloud Pak for Data portfolio, mainly around Data Governance, including IIS, Data Stage, Data Quality Optim, MDM, and WKC.
- Provide strategic direction to Executive decision-makers related to their Information Architecture to support business transformation and their journey to AI.
- Deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and Proof of Concepts while articulating business value for our Data & AI solutions.
- Enable, support and work with the Business Partner ecosystem.
- Develop re-usable industry-specific assets and demonstrations.
- Collaborate with other internal IBM teams to drive unmatched customer satisfaction.
- Establish deep technical account relationships at each client site.
- Maintain an understanding of the clients industry, including industry trends, industry business processes
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Support customer technical escalations, on-site health checks, best practice sharing, designing solutions; and answer technical questions throughout the sales process in order to identify/progress/close sales and develop customer relationships.
- Skilled in IBM Data Governance Portfolio, including IBM Information Server, IBM Data Stage, IBM Data Quality, IBM Optim, MDM, and Watson Knowledge Catalog
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business
- Skilled in consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years' experience in Information Architecture, Data Integration and Governance, and DataOps and hands-on engineering or field technical sales experience
- Experience using and developing infrastructure solutions including but not limited to: Apache Hadoop, (HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Spark) Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Ambari, HCatalog, Zookeeper, and Flume
- Experience with enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions including but not limited to: HBase, Cassandra, Riak, MongoDB, Cloudant, etc.
- Knowledge of Hadoop marketplace including offerings of Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR
- Knowledge of streaming data solutions, including but not limited to IBM InfoSphere Streams, Apache Storm, Spark streaming, SQLstream, data Torrent
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Data Scientist - Tech Startup
Right Calibre Executive Search
IT - Sales Account Manager / Business Development Manager
Flex Tech Solutions
Data Scientist - AI Application
Data Science Analyst - 10 Months Contract
Manpower Middle East