Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 94+ cities across 14+ countries and host over 12 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
This position requires a person with strong analytical mindset that enjoys working directly with business units providing innovative solutions that answer key business questions. In this role you will be assigned to a business unit and eventually grow into a subject matter expert for that area of business. You will act as the main point of contact and will be responsible for fulfilling all analytical needs for the designated business unit. This means you will be creating reports/dashboards as well as providing answers to ad-hoc queries by utilizing engineering best practices that complement and enhance existing reporting architecture.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, enjoys working with business and creating analytical reports.
- Act as the first point of contact to answer all business data queries
- Develop effective reporting solutions by utilizing engineering best practices and using various BI tools
- Participate in continuous improvement of these reporting solutions
- Drive and support your designated business unit by converting complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Present appropriate analysis and commentary to technical and non-technical audience
- Gain subject matter expertise and help define appropriate key metrics for the business unit and discover untapped areas for business improvement
- Provide concrete data-driven insights
- Test and communicate new features to users
- Run regular data integrity audits
- Devise and evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, and opinion polls
- Gather data about consumers, competitors, and market conditions
- Demonstrated experience working in an analytical role
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools creating management dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and a passion to work with large sets of data
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact
- Ability to write SQL queries against large amounts of data
- Self-starter with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with good attention to detail
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy or Looker is a plus
- Experience in ETL / ELT is a plus
- Experience working with dimensional data, data lakes is a plus
- Experience working with MPP databases like Redshift is a plus
- Experience in Python, R, Spark, Hive is a plus
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Business Data Analyst
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Data Scientist A (All Levels)
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Data Scientist B (All Levels)
Business Intelligence Analyst