Job description / Role
As a Data Analyst in our team, you will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Your responsibilities consist of conducting full life cycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. You will develop analysis and reporting capabilities as well as monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
Who you are
• You are passionate about interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports.
• You are curious. You look for the "why" behind the numbers. You ask questions and search for solutions; locating and defining new process improvement opportunities.
• You develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• You are analytical, identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• You are detailed, filtering and "cleaning" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
• You are flexible, travelling to customer locations as needed
• You are collaborative, working with management to prioritize business and information needs
• You are resilient, you know how to deal with ambiguity.
• You are a Team-Player, you work with IT and data owners to understand the types of data collected in various databases and data warehouses.
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations and spans numerous cultures.
• You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible, and consistent manner.
• You understand the importance of effective communication within culturally diverse work teams immersed in a multinational company.
What you’ll need
• Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
Bonus if you have
• Experience working in an Agile environment, CSD, CSM, SA, ASE
About the Company
The TechStream Group is an award winning, multi brand, talent investor & incubator. Each of our brands focus on unique technology "streams" that are disrupting & transforming the world around us.
Each of our brands are unique to the technology market they operate within, whilst being interconnected by our "Stream" branding sequence.
We follow a proven global operating model that utilizes cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence & analytics, all supported by a shared service & innovation centre in South Africa. Our Board of Directors and Senior Management team are passionate about talent & technology and strive to deliver real client value from every brand across the full technology stack.