Job description / Role
Global Village currently has an exciting career opportunity. We are currently looking to hire a Data Analyst to join its Corporate Development team.
Global Village is part of Arab Media Group (AMG). It is the region’s leading family and cultural entertainment destination, which is committed to providing the best in entertainment and excellence in guest experience.
The incumbent should have a strategic, forward looking perspective and business acumen for implementing data science use-cases.
• Track and monitor financial and non-financial data, and to ensure the accuracy of the information that goes into the management and reporting of data from various data sources.
• Develop the Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics strategy in line with the Corporate Development Department strategy to ensure the achievement of Department / Organizational objectives.
• Ensuring that the reporting is primarily on the data lake, not on the underlying data sources.
• Working with Data Lake and database admins, to ensure that consolidation with existing data.
• Manage projects that may involve data collection, problem solving analysis and business efficiency reviews.
• Conceptualize and build simple yet appealing dashboards and reports as required.
• Utilize analytics to explore data and uncover trends and insights.
• To be creative in finding the correct data for certain business cases and to back new ideas using historical & future insights.
• Ensure accuracy of data going into the systems and the output.
• Identify areas of improvement for data collection.
• Working with the business and AI/ML team to conceptualize data science use-cases and their implementation from operational & analytical perspectives.
• Develop ad-hoc SQL queries for real-time analysis
• Provide technical and architectural solutions related to BI systems, tools, and databases
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Data Science / Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometric, Physics, Operations Research or equivalent.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Computer science background or experience
• Programming: Python & SQL / SQL Management server proficiency
• The ability to extrapolate insights from large data sets and present them using BI visualization tools (Power BI, MicroStrategy)
• Experience and proven ability in data analysis and planning
• Microsoft office is required with excellent Excel skills: Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, Macros
• Experience in data warehousing, familiarity with a data lake & its utility
• Experience in developing ETL/Integration processes
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||12 Feb|
HR Data Analyst for a Leading Investment Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Arab Media Group (AMG)
|Abu Dhabi||10 Feb|