Job description / Role
- Develops, codes, tests and debugs new highly complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity.
- Recognized as technical expert by internal and external peers.
- Provides direction for entire project or a project team.
- Applies advanced skills and concepts to oversee large, complex projects.
- May assist in training less experienced software development staff.
- Has excellent understanding of business application.
- Works with technical staff to understand analytical challenges and resolve them.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- May assist/lead in development of software technical documentation.
- Designs and codes highly complex applications using routine and/or advanced technology.
- May create optimization programs to resolve problems.
- May design and build prototype applications.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions.
- May oversee product development.
- Leads design and coding of applications using routine and/or advanced technology.
- Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL)using Talend, SnowFlake, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) or similar tools such as BODI, Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, or related technologies
- Advanced understanding of relational databases (Teradata, Vertica, Oracle) andHadoop ecosystem (Big Data)
- Expertise in theoretical and practical knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Data Profiling, and SQL Tuning
- Highly skilled in SQL technologies (writing, reviewing, tuning)Proven 10+ years history as aBI/ETL developer working in an enterprise environment
- Development experience with any major BI Tool including IBM Cognos, Tableau or similar toolsUse of data architecture and profiling methods to analyze data sources
- Excellent problem solving skills, logical process thinking, and end-to-end system concepts
- Broad experience with OLAP/OLTP concepts and terminology
- Expertise in translating business requirements to project design, development, and execution
- Unix scripting
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.