Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Data Analyst for Commercial, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of the performance of our business. You will be a critical partner for our commercial leaders.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing a unified view of a business unit's performance, from end-to-end
- Performing analyses that identify risks to and opportunities for trading
- Recommending optimisations to omni-channel marketing campaigns
- Using external market data to understand how the retail landscape is evolving
- Increasing the efficiency of business operations by providing data driven insights
- Identifying opportunities to automate business processes through data and AI
- Working with the team to operationalise and deliver impact with data products
- Championing the collection of high quality data in our various sales channels
- Keeping your knowledge up to date via trainings and on the job learning
- Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
What you'll need to succeed:
- Expertise in advanced analytics / machine learning concepts and techniques and their application to commercial use cases, particularly eCommerce
- Experience with Python, SQL, (Desirable) Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query, and Looker software
- Demonstrated technical expertise with the ability to get clear value out of data
- Keen desire to learn new skills, ranging from reporting to predictive analytics
- Ability to prioritise business needs and focus on the impactful opportunities
- Talent to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- A hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.