Job description / Role
The Strategy & Data team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients
To help with this, we’re looking for a Data Analyst Intern - someone who has a knack for understanding digital data and telling the story of why it matters. Within a short period of 'training on the job', you’ll support the team by leading the creation of regular data reports including monthly social media performance and website visits analysis reports. And in return, you’ll get the chance to learn from senior data folks in the business as you work with the team to create data-driven actionable insights for some of our biggest clients. Up for it? Read on.
What you’ll do:
• Assist the Strategy & Data team in answering specific business questions which will require:
• Cleaning and preparing data for analysis
• Exploratory data analysis
• Communicating and visualizing results
• Keep a pulse on day-to-day performance data to identify relevant areas for deeper analysis
• Use tools like Adobe Analytics and Sprinklr for the creation of recurring reports
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proficiency with spreadsheets/Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• You should be able to manipulate large amounts of data on Excel using its functions (e.g. pivot table, v-lookups etc.), and convey the data story visually on PowerPoint
• Familiarity with basic statistical concepts (e.g. correlation, causation, regression analysis)
• Familiarity with data visualization (charting data)
• Understanding of key metrics used to monitor digital performance (e.g. CTR, ROI, ER, Bounce Rates, etc)
• Passion for digital marketing, and data analysis/analytics
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Social Bakers, Google Analytics, and Sprinklr, and social listening tools is a plus
About the Company
At Cheil we believe in creating Ideas that Move – people, brands and the world. Our clients choose us for our unique thinking and creativity driven by innovation. Integrated at an operational level, we are able to offer an alternative perspective in digital & programmatic media, retail experience and experiential & live communications. Steered by our fighting spirit of ‘TU:HON’ (achieving the impossible) we have established our largest client, Samsung Electronics, as the most valuable and desired brand globally, and within MENA.
In 2003 we opened our first MENA office in Dubai, UAE. Today, we have a strong local presence throughout the MENA markets and Cheil offices in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iran. Looking to the future, we will continue to challenge the status quo across the region’s marketing landscape with a passionate team committed to driving innovation on behalf of our clients.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Intern - Data Management and Analytics
Quest Search & Selection
TGC Consulting Middle East
Junior Business Analyst
Business Analyst Intern
Amazon Web Services