Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our Data Analyst - Supply Chain is responsible for mining multiple sources of data, derive actionable insights, and translate complex results or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower others to take action to improve efficiencies and results across the Group Supply Chain. The job holder will be a primary driver of delivering insights that will educate and influence key business decision-making with our Customer and Brand teams. You will assist in maximizing supply chain efficiency through KPIs, ad hoc reporting and effective modeling. You will provide Supply Chain with analytical, technical, and financial expertise in support of overall operations.
- Anticipate critical business questions and opportunities and deliver key insights to the business that make significant impacts
- Build analytic capabilities to grow organizations knowledge Collaborate with multi-functional teams (Commercials, Consumer Research, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, IT, Sales)
- Deliver Supply Chain and Logistics analytic insights across several business domains
- Build, and maintain optimization tools to identify global Supply Chain network opportunities and determine optimal distribution sites
- Develop in-depth business, analytical and systems knowledge to improve analytical solutions, approaches and business recommendations
- Establish data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) and analytic tools (R, SAS, JMP, Python, Spark, etc.) to grasp the business insights
- Identify data sources, develop integrated tools and assist with corporate Supply Chain KPIs/metrics analysis
- Lead business process re-engineering initiatives to increase productivity, quality and effectiveness of Supply Chain related activities
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Statistics or equivalent subject
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Supply Chain, Finance or Commercial operations or Analytics (Business Intelligence, Data Engineering or Data Warehousing).
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data Platforms (Data Lake, HDFS, Cloud Infrastructure platforms, etc.)
- Proven hands-on experience on Business Intelligence/Visualization platforms (Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.)MBA, APICS CPIM and APICS CSCP certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of operational supply chain processes including the flow of materials and information would be an asset
- Experience in the Retail industry
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
Amazing benefits We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.