Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Data Architect Supply Chain, you will play a critical role in ensuring that we not only have a comprehensive understanding of our data, but that we use this to build high quality data products using integrated data.
What you'll be doing
- Cataloguing and organising data sources across the business by domain
- Modelling the data domains to clarify what data we have and what it means
- Exploring data sources to understand whether they can add value to products
- Mapping the data product vision to the required data models and sources
- Defining best practices and patterns for data ingestion and transformation
- Working with the data engineers to ingest, transform, and provision new data
- Championing a Data-as-an-Asset mindset across the group; training the team
- Promoting a good understanding of the quality and consent of our data assets
- Establishing data partnerships with third parties to enrich our data assets
- Keeping your technical knowledge up to date via trainings and other methods
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated team player who genuinely enjoys working with other people
- Strong SQL skills, with prior experience in ingesting, organizing, and serving data
- Proven ability to work with non-technical stakeholders to architect their data
- Good understanding of cloud technologies, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- A hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.