Job description / Role
• The primary responsibility of the position is to manage (operationally) the data centers power infrastructure.
• Ability to collaborate with project team to establish new infrastructure equipment standards and operational methods for all the company’s data centers and to ensure that existing standards are implemented.
• Hold primary responsibility for the maintenance of data center power equipment from the main switch through the rack level PDU including all intermediate UPS’s, PDU’s, and switch gear.
• Hold primary responsibility for determining the best location of all new compute and storage equipment within existing data centers.
• Using industry best practices, proper power analysis.
• Liaise with Operations Management team, facilities, IT teams, and procurement to insure that all projects progress smoothly, on schedule, and within budget.
• These projects include new installations, operational changes, scheduled maintenance, and equipment upgrades.
• Manage contracts related to the data center infrastructure, liaise with legal on contracts, and work directly with contractors to ensure timely completion of all work.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies related to power, security, monitoring systems, and floor layout.
• Propose and prototype new standards based on new technology.
• Develop new best practices that will reduce unscheduled downtime, improve operations, reliability, safety, and energy efficiency.
• Ensure best practices and global standards are in place for the data center.
• Perform daily checks of HVAC, electrical distribution, BMS, and life safety systems.
• Collect and analyze data on various compute systems, maintain historical records, and provide management with statistical analysis as requested.
• Monitor and adjust electrical distribution and BMS to maintain optimal operating and environmental conditions.
• Maintain records on all work performed, contracts, and equipment.
• Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering.
• Five (5) years’ experience and technical certifications on UPS systems and static transfer switches.
• Certification from an accredited organization like Uptime Institute.
• Must possess a degree in engineering and have two (2) years’ experience with complex UPS systems, megawatt power plant designs, and experience with mission critical facilities.
Demonstrated experience and familiarity with
• Power distribution, conditioning, and cooling technology options, costs and tradeoffs.
• Familiarity with datacenter guidelines and standards especially Tier III design standards.
• Annual budgets, maintenance schedules, contract administration, and managing contractors.
• Capacity planning for new compute and storage equipment installs.
• Responding to scheduled and unscheduled outages.
Demonstrated ability to
• Work collaboratively with the local campus facilities engineers and IT teams.
• Communicate effectively (written & oral) across cross functional teams.
• Take independent action during emergencies.
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
A Leading Energy And Construction Company In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jun|
Site Electrical Engineer
Dara Engineering Consultants
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer
Electrical Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Lead Electrical Engineer - Tender & Design - Contractor
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|